Vancouver – July 16, 2011 – Smartsettle, as a Technology-Mediated Dispute Resolution system poised to lead the Future of Justice, is hosting a Smartsettle One Competition at the International eNegotiation Exhibition as a demonstration for the Future of Justice Program at the Internet Bar Organization on July 26, 2011
Smartsettle One is designed for simple single-issue cases. Experience first-hand how Visual Blind Bidding and algorithms that reward early generosity and good negotiating behavior virtually eliminate the tedious negotiation dance that characterizes ordinary negotiations.
A brand new case called Taxpayer vs Assessor has been created especially for this event. You may start your orientation immediately after registration. “The Smartsettle One Future of Justice Competition” will run for one week. Be sure to complete all your negotiations before the deadline at 10 am EST August 2.
Competition Top Performers
(posted at the end of the competition)
First Place: Larry Schooler
Second Place: TBA
Third Place: Maclellan Swan: University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Class of 2012
~ “Smartsettle is a unique and effective online negotiation tool. For disputes that require a monetary settlement, this software is unparalleled, and extremely simple to use. In practice negotiations, the software makes negotiating fun, and it evens the playing field for those who are not born negotiators. I will certainly be using this software again.”
Here’s how the competition works:
- Each visit takes only a few minutes.
- Your negotiator role is assigned to you.
- Anonymous counterparties are paired automatically.
- Players have fun negotiating as many cases as they wish.
- Players visit their cases several times during the competition.
- Each negotiator completes at least two negotiations to be eligible for scoring if they wish to be recognized in the Top Standings.
Click here to read the rules in detail
All are welcome.
For more information contact us today.
Development of Smartsettle One has been sponsored in part by the
National Research Council of Canada
- Review this simulation to learn how Smartsettle One works and see how Smartsettle rewards generosity.
- Remember that agreement is guaranteed if negotiators agree to the arbitration option in Final Session.
- After you finish the competition, just say, “That was easy!” and you’re ready for Smartsettle Infinity.